Friday, December 11, 2009

Business Books Worth Finding the Time to Read

In this article by BARBARA TAYLOR in the NY Times.

She recommends the following books.  I have read most these book and concur with her.  Running a small business which specializes in order fulfillment, takes a lot of time and effort.  However you must invest your time in moving your business forward by educating yourself on what the thought leaders are saying.

The Knack: How Street-Smart Entrepreneurs Learn to Handle Whatever Comes Up
By Norm Brodsky and Bo Burlingham
I love Norm’s articles in Inc. I can’t believe I haven’t read his book.

The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference
By Malcolm Gladwell
I need this book to sit on the shelf alongside the Malcolm Gladwell book that I do own, Outliers: The Story of Success. Then I need to read them both.

The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use News Releases, Blogs, Podcasting, Viral Marketing and Online Media to Reach Buyers Directly
By David Meerman Scott
I was a marketer in corporate America for many years, and am even more passionate about marketing now that I’m a small-business owner. The game is certainly changing, and I won’t be left behind.

The Buyout of America: How Private Equity Will Cause the Next Great Credit Crisis
By Joshua Kosman
I can’t resist a title like this. (You had me “Private Equity.”)

Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust
By Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
I credit Chris Brogan’s blog and tweets with teaching me most of what I know about social media marketing.



No comments:

Post a Comment